Pages

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Korea Brand Expedition Day 3

 On the 3rd day we moved to another city called Gongju (공주). For our next content we decided to visit a famous Buddhist temple Magoksa, because our Chinese team member Yi Xin wanted to experience the atmosphere of a traditional Korean temple and compare it with typical Chinese temples. Magoksa was very beautiful. We could not do much sightseeing because of the heavy rain, but we could feel the peacefulness of this land.


Beautiful surroundings, everything around was green! *.*


 We had our lunch at the temple, it was also a unique experience for me, trying temple food. I learned that temple food does not use meat, five vegetables (Chinese squill, chive, wild chive, garlic, and green onion) and also artificial flavors. The meal was quite nice, actually, and the staff in the dining hall were very nice to us. 


Lunch time!^^


 After light lunch we had an amazing opportunity to interview a Korean monk. I can say for sure that it was a truly life-changing experience for me. Young-myeong monk turned out to be a very kind and person. Before meeting him I always thought of monks as very strict and perhaps judgemental people, however he managed to destroy all of those silly stereotypes. He was so lively, down-to-earth, and during our conversation I got a feeling he talks with us on the same level. 
 At first all of us were a bit nervous, but in the end the atmosphere got very relaxed and warm. The monk told us to refrain from complicated religion and taught us “the easiest Buddhism”: be kind to others and live life to the fullest without regrets. He also gave us some very personal advices. I would never forget how he said that even though all of us are pretty, young girls like us should apply makeup in order to be truly charming, and he even complimented on my makeup skills! When I told him I have many doubts on whether I should find a boyfriend, he told me that I should date many men, so that I can succeed in my marriage in the future. 


Unforgettable meeting


 At the end of the meeting he gave us small bracelets, explaining that they will bring us good luck. Also he showed his kindness one more time: when he learned that I did not bring an umbrella, he gave me one of his own. I feel so blessed and grateful for having an opportunity to meet such a wonderful person, I will never forget him and his life lessons. When we were leaving that place, our team was in much higher spirits than before.
When we returned to the our staying place, we were told that in the evening we have a party, since it was our last night together. Hence we had a great time together, singing songs, playing games and just running around like kids. We were a bit saddened with a thought of an upcoming farewell though :(


fun! *.*



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Search This Blog

Blog Archive