Pages

Friday, December 10, 2010

Awesome Korean songs, you might have not heard before

Hello! This would be my first article about music, and in the future I plan to write about music a lot! :D
So as you already know, this post is dedicated to my personally favorite Korean songs, but I suppose, most of readers are likely to haven't heard them before. You should be intrigued by now^^
First song is called "Antifreeze" by Black Skirts (검정치마). There is something about this song, which makes it so different from the rest of korean music. It is very melancholic, it's lyrics are philosophical, and the video just suits so perfectly with this song.
 What if our generation is the last?
What if another Ice Age comes?
I guess love, that never changes, doesn't exist.
But it finds a person, willing to wait for this love.


Another song, that I admire oh so much is called "My style" by Brown Eyed Girls (브라운 아이드 걸스). It is a cute love song, with a unique video and a sweet melody. 
 From which star did you come from?
Did you come to take away my heart?
Can't you open you heart so slightly
So that only I could see?


Next song is called "Diary" (일기장) by E.via (이비아). It is about how one girl writes in her new diary about her breakup, reminiscing about beautiful days spent with him.
It is just a drawing of an awkward farewell, drawn by tears
The road of us ends, above are just stepping stones made of memories
I'm walking like crazy this moonlit road
And crying out your name loudly...


Up next is "Fan" by Epik High (에픽 하이). It is a song about having a crush on someone, who doesn't even know about your existence. But it is not a plain crush, it is more like obsession with a particular person, to the point where you can't even think about anything else.
I guess you are not listening, even if I die I can't be
Even in next life you would live, not knowing about me
I want to have you so bad, I can't go back
Tonight I want to kiss you, I will hold my pillow tight


Another song I am introducing this time is "Thank You" by Nell (넬). It is a sad song about telling thank you to the past partner, for still remaining in his heart, even if it hurts so much.
Everyday I fall asleep crying
It hurts every time I breath
Because you are inside me
I can be happy


Finally the last song I am delivering for you today is "La Rose de Versailles" (베르사이유의 장미) by Nemesis (네미시스). The meaning of this song is vague, but lyrics suggest that it is a song about longing for a dead lover.
Don't be sorry, in this place where your presence is needed
(I will) stay here and last a bit longer
It is ok even with only that one memory, a moment is ok
I will wait for you


That is all for today. I hope you enjoyed my post~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Search This Blog

Blog Archive